Thursday, June 28, 2007

Unit 2 self eval!

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
I em most proud of compendium review 2 about digestion. I think I really covered the digestive system well and I learned alot about where nutrients are absorbed and which organs play a role in prviding enzymes to digest food. I like how my review about immunity and microbes turned out. Lastly I would have to pick my blood pressure online lab. I really liked who it turned out as well.


2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
I think my essay could have used a liitle improvements I really liked the subject at hand and I have a very stong view on diet but I felt a bit confused on where to start and if I should take a more general view. The end result was something kinda in the middle. I also would improve my lab project in the sense that after doing my project I decided that the results would have been better if I would have rested in between each rep as well as between activity. I think that it would have better shown the effects of physical attivities on metabolic rates.


3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?

Over all I think I did fairly well and would like to get an A but I do know that there are a couple of places like mentione abouve that could have been thought about a little more.

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
This next comin unit Im going to try and do the Lab project first so that if I think of a better way to do it I will still have the matterials needed and time to do it.


At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
I felt most ingaged with unit when learing about the digesting tract and nutrition. Since I feel strongly about taking care of your body and that you are what you eat so it was interesting to see exactly what your body does with what you put in it.

At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
I felt most distanced when reading about the lymphatic system and blood clots.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
Im not sure what helped the most for this unit. Having a general outline in the course assignments has been really helpful to not forget to talk about something but other than that this unit went fairly smooth.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? Well some of the other student blogs really lost me in their presentation of the material and I also never had a chance to respond to an essay since they were not turned in or I just couldn't find it on their blogs.

What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
What suprised my the most I guess would have to be how fast some students turn in their assignments.

2 comments:

Larry Frolich said...

Angela, great job on this unit. Compendiums well organized and complete. I know you said you had short time for the lab project, but it looks great. I liked your perspective in your ethics issue essay. Sounds like your family has found something that works for them, but society problem is difficult one to solve! The food for a day lab should have been a shot of the summary screen with the total nutrition….thus the points off. Everything else is great—way to go! Keep up the hard work,
LF

Larry Frolich said...

Angela, thanks for the essay--very interesting--no easy solutions! I've awarded the points,
LF